Promoting high-quality research and informing policy
through free access to thousands of publications and datasets
Research Connections produces resource lists and briefs that compile research on critical issues and link research to policy implications. View a full list of Research Connections publications.
Each Research Connections publication is assigned subject terms from our topical classification scheme. Click below to find Research Connections publications, including webinars, by subject.
- Children & Child Development, which includes early math and literacy development, child health, self-regulation, socioemotional and behavioral development, dual language learners, children with special needs, children experiencing homelessness, and child assessment
- Parents & Families, which includes child care decision-making, parent engagement, parent employment, and parent child care expenses
- Child Care & Early Education Market, which includes child care supply and demand and child care market rates
- Child Care & Early Education Providers/Organizations, which includes center-based care, family child care providers, and family, friend, and neighbor care
- Child Care & Early Education Provider Workforce, which includes higher education, credentialing, training, coaching, mentoring, and other forms of professional development, as well as recruitment, compensation, and job satisfaction
- Programs, Interventions & Curricula, which includes Head Start, Early Head Start, prekindergarten, kindergarten, school-age programs, two-generation programs, and interventions to promote early literacy, early math, socioemotional and behavioral development, and physical activity
- Policies, which includes child care subsidies, child care licensing and regulations, quality rating and improvement systems, and early learning standards
- Service Delivery, which includes integrated data systems and early care and education collaboration and partnerships
- Research & Evaluation Methods, which includes data trainings, dataset characteristics, market rate survey design, and instruments and measures
- Child Care & Early Education Quality, which includes quality rating and improvement systems and quality initiatives
- Parent, School, & Community School Readiness/Child School Success & Performance, which includes school transitions and school performance